500g plain flour
5g baking powder
1 ltr whole milk
200g butter, melted
200ml Essential Cuisine Béchamel (made to pack instructions)
400g sliced cooked ham
100g grated cheddar
100g grated red Leicester
150g grated parmesan
30 cherry tomatoes
150ml balsamic glaze
100ml olive oil
- Slice tomatoes in half, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and roast for 20 minutes in the oven at 150C, or until starting to dry and colour. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter. Combine the two to make a thick batter. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle machine.
- Mix the cheddar, red Leicester and Essential Cuisine Béchamel together. Dress the rocket with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover the base of the waffle machine with a little batter. Wait a few seconds while it sets, then spread a little of the cheese mix in the middle, a slice of ham, then a little more cheese mix. Cover with more batter and close the waffle machine. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Top with 6 tomato halves, sprinkle with the rocket, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and finish with the grated parmesan.