- Whisk the gluten flour with the yeast, paprika and salt. Mix the water with the soy sauce and stock mix, add to the flour. Stir to form a dough ball. Knead for a minute to activate the gluten. Let the ball rest for a few minutes, then knead for another minute.
- Cut into 10 even balls and flatten to desired shape.
- Put the 40g Essential Cuisine Lamb Flavoured Vegan Stock Mix, 2 litres of water and bay leaf together and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer. This is important to ensure the seitan does not go tough.
- Add the seitan and simmer for 30-40 minutes, partly covered and ensuring it does not boil. Remove the seitan and press dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat up a pan with plenty of oil and cook the steaks on both sides until crispy. Place the steaks into a bowl and add a further 30g of soy sauce.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and gently shake to fully coat the steaks. Taste and add a little more soy sauce if needed, serve.