100g Chinese sausage, sliced
5ml sesame oil
10ml light soy sauce
5ml dark soy sauce
20ml hot water
10g Essential Cuisine Asian Aromatic Base
150ml vegetable oil
4 large eggs, beaten
20g garlic, minced
300g king prawns, roughly chopped
1.8kg cold cooked rice
50g spring onion, sliced
1. Prepare the Chinese sausage by steaming for 20 minutes. Slice on the diagonal and set aside until needed.
2. Make the rice seasoning by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
3. Heat your wok over a high heat and add 60ml of vegetable oil. Add the beaten eggs. Stir with a spatula until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside until needed.
4. Keeping the wok over a high heat, add another 60ml of vegetable oil. Add the garlic and stir until
fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir fry until just cooked about another 2 minutes. Remove the prawns and transfer to a bowl, set aside until needed.
5. Lower the heat to medium and add the last 30ml of vegetable oil. Add the sliced Chinese sausage and stir fry for 20 seconds. Add the chopped onion, cooking for another 2 minutes.
6. Increase the heat to high and add the rice. Use a spatula to flatten the rice and break up any clumps. Once the rice is warm, pour over the seasoning mixture and mix through evenly. Add the scrambled egg, prawns, beansprouts and spring onion. Cook for another minute until well combined.
7. Serve immediately.