10 160g cod portions
1kg leek, washed, trimmed and finely sliced
50g chives, blanched and refreshed
100g olive oil
500g mussels, debearded and washed
160g Essential Cuisine Lobster Sauce
200ml double cream
- Lay the fish skin side down on kitchen paper to dry the skin ready for cooking.
- Pour 15ml of olive oil into a large frying pan. Add the leeks with a little salt, put over a medium heat and fry for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place the blanched chives and olive oil into a jug and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Pass through a fine chinois to make a pure green oil.
- Place a large pan with a lid on a high heat. When hot add the mussels, put the lid on and give a good shake, leaving until the mussels have open. Discard any that don’t. Pour out the mussels reserving the liquor.
- Take the reserved mussel liquor, top it up with water to make 800ml. pour into a saucepan with the Essential Cuisine Lobster Sauce. Slowly bring to the boil, add the cream. Keep warm until serving.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add olive oil, then the fish skin side down cooking for 4 minutes. Turn the fish, remove pan from heat and leave for 2 minutes.
- Plate up and serve.