750ml double cream
250ml whole milk
1. Mix 50ml milk with the Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix
2. Bring the rest of the milk and the cream to the boil
3. Pour half the milk onto the base mix and whisk until all dissolved. Pour back into the milk and return to the heat
4. Stirring constantly, bring back to a simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of the spoon
5. Remove from the pan to avoid burning the mixture. Chill until ready to use, and it will thicken like clotted cream
The perfect accompaniment for scones!