500g russet potatoes - peeled and cubed
200g shallots, finely chopped
400ml cold water
50g Essential Cuisine Béchamel Sauce Mix
15g Essential Cuisine Lobster Glace
150ml white wine
750g medium scallops
250g Gruyere cheese, grated
1. In a pot of salted water, cook the potatoes until tender. Drain. With a masher, coarsely crush the potatoes with the butter.
2. With an electric mixer, purée the potato mixture with the cream until smooth. Add more cream, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
3. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. In a pot, soften the shallots in the butter. In a separate pot add the cold water & Essential Cuisine Béchamel Sauce Mix, bring to the boil slowly over a medium heat. Add the Essential Cuisine Lobster Glace. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add the scallops and ½ the cheese of the cheese. Stir to combine.
2. Spoon the filling into 10 scallop shells or 10 small gratin dishes. Garnish the rim with rosettes of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes. Finish under the broiler until the cheese and potatoes are golden brown.