- Preheat a fryer to 190°c.
- In a large bowl, take the aubergine slices and add 25g of the Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning, salt and chilli powder. Mix well and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the gram flour, 18g Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning and salt, then gradually whisk in the water to make the batter.
- Remove any excess liquid from the aubergine before placing into the batter and then into the fryer. Do this in batches as not to overcrowd the fryer.
- Once removed, season with salt and serve with a chutney of choice.