10g Essential Cuisine Wild Mushroom Glace
500g mixed fresh mushrooms, button, oyster
150ml light soy sauce
30g brown sugar
25ml oyster sauce
20g Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base
150ml plant based butter
50g garlic, peeled and chopped
925g uncooked Gallo Sustainable Basmati rice, rinsed and drained
Sliced spring onion
1. Stir the soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, Essential Cuisine Wild Mushroom Glace and Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base in 1 litre of warm water. Slice the button mushroom and roughly break up the oyster mushrooms.
2. Heat a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add half the butter when hot fry the fresh mushrooms until just golden. Set aside and repeat with the shitake mushrooms.
3. Add the remaining lard to the pot and add the garlic. Fry until golden, then add the rice. Lightly sauté for 2 minutes to toast the grains.
4. Pour in 1 litre of water and the mushroom stock and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Drizzle sesame oil around the edges of the pot, so it runs down the insides, then cover and turn down the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, until the uncooked Gallo Sustainable Basmati rice has absorbed the liquid and almost cooked.
5. Scatter the mushrooms over the rice and replace the lid. Turn the heat to high again and cook for about 2 minutes, until sizzling and a crust forms on the bottom. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. To serve fluff up the rice with chopsticks. Drizzle with the kecap manis, sesame oil and finish with the spring onion.