1.75kg dessert apples, peeled, cored and chopped
300g fresh slackberries
30g caster sugar
150g porridge oats
30g wholemeal flour
200g mixed nuts (pecans, almonds, hazelnuts), roughly chopped
125g muscovado sugar
150g melted butter
Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise, to serve
- Line a 24 cm spring release cake tin with baking parchment. Pre heat oven to 180ﹾC
- In a suitable pan gently cook the apples and caster sugar with 150ml of water for 20mins or until tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in Blackberries and remove from heat.
- Place the chopped nuts and oats on a baking tray and lightly toast until lightly golden, stir occasionally. Allow to cool.
- In a suitable mixing bowl mix together the nuts, oats, muscovado sugar and flour, add the melted butter and stir well.
- Press half the nut mixture into the base of the lined cake tin, cover with fruit mix and top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, serve with lashings of Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise.