200g chopped onion
4 peeled garlic cloves
Seeds from 12 cardamom pods
50g ground almonds
10cm fresh ginger root, peeled
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1400g halal lamb neck, diced
300ml clarified butter
200g onion, finely sliced
32g Essential Cuisine Lamb Flavoured Vegan Stock Mix
2 cinnamon sticks
4 bay leaves
2tsp cumin seeds
500g natural yoghurt
300ml double cream
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste
8tbsps chopped fresh coriander
2tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Pre-heat your oven to 190˚c.
- Place the onion, garlic, cardamom seeds, ground almonds, ginger and cayenne pepper into a blender and blend to a puree, put into a large bowl.
Mix the diced lamb into the marinade and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the clarified butter in a suitable frying pan, gently fry the sliced onion until soft but with not too much colour.
- Add the lamb and marinade and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the Essential Cuisine Vegan Stock Mix, water, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole, cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, stir in the yoghurt, cream and season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes at 150˚c or until the lamb is tender, if the meat is sticking add a little more water.
- Your Halal Lamb Korma is now ready to serve, sprinkled with the chopped coriander and flaked almonds.