2kg strip-loin of Beef, trimmed
1 litre Essential Cuisine Signature Red Wine Jus
300ml full fat milk
Oil for the tin
1.5kg red potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
50g duck fat
Salt to taste
750g hispi cabbage, cut into wedges
15ml olive oil
150g Irish blue cheese
1kg carrots, peeled and halved
500ml Essential Cuisine Signature Reduced Chicken Stock
2 star anise
Tender stem Broccoli
1kg tender stem broccoli
50g fresh parmesan, grated
1. Preheat a waterbath to 53c.
2. Place the strip-loin in a sous vide bag and vac pac. Place in the water-bath and cook overnight.
3. Place in a hot frying pan to colour and caramelize the beef the next day.
1. Preheat an oven to 220c.
2. Put the Yorkshire pudding tray in the oven with the oil in until very hot.
3. Whisk the eggs into the milk, then gradually whisk into the flour.
4. Pour the batter into the tin and place back in the oven for 25 minutes.
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and leave to steam dry for a few minutes.
2. Place the potatoes and duck fat in a roasting tray. Put in the oven and cook for 1 hour, turning halfway through. Season to taste when cooked.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the cabbage wedges and charr on both the cut sides. When charred add a splash of water, cover and leave to stream for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the cover and top with the blue cheese to serve.
1. Put the Essential Cuisine Signature Reduced Chicken Stock, butter, sugar and star anise in a medium pot and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the carrots and cook for 20 minutes until tender.
1. Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
2. Place in a suitable dish for serving and sprinkle over the parmesan.
3. Flash in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
1. Bring the Essential Cuisine Signature Red Wine Jus to the boil and serve along side the roast. Enjoy.