20ml olive oil
100g onion, diced
5g garlic cloves, crushed
100g red pepper, seeded and chopped
50g Essential Cuisine Zesty Chermoula Style Seasoning
100g courgette, trimmed and chopped
100g aubergine, trimmed and chopped
500ml Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock
200g dried fruits: apricots, dates, prunes, raisins, figs, diced
2ml lemon juice
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste
2g chopped fresh coriander
2g chopped fresh mint
- Heat olive oil in a suitable pan, add the onion, garlic and pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes, with not too much colour, stirring occasionally. Stir in the Zesty Chermoula Style Seasoning, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette and aubergine and continue cooking until they start to soften, remove from the heat and put to one side.
- Bring the Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock to the boil in a pan and add the dried fruit, simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the couscous.
- Remove from the heat and cover with a lid. Leave to stand for 20 minutes then give it a good stir with a fork to separate the grains.
- Gently fold in the cooked vegetables to the couscous, season to your taste with lemon juice, freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Served hot or cold, your Chermoula Spiced Vegetable Couscous with Dried Fruits is ready to serve, garnish with the chopped coriander and mint.