300g onion, diced
60g garlic, minced
2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
100g Essential Cuisine No1 Savoury Gravy Mix
1200ml tepid water
300g carrots, chopped
500g puy lentils, cooked
800g Nextera Mince or vegan alternative
8 large potatoes, peeled and diced into medium size pieces
6g dried mixed herbs
60g rapeseed oil
- Preheat an oven to 180c.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, thyme & rosemary until the onion has gone translucent.
- Make up the gravy using the tepid water and Essential Cuisine No1 Savoury Gravy Mix. Add the carrot to the onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the lentils and the gravy.
- Stir in the mince and mix together. Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile place the diced potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water, cooking until tender. Drain and toss in the remaining oil, dried mixed herbs and polenta. Place on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until starting to go golden brown. Then crush slightly.
- Spoon the Nextera mince and lentil mixture into a suitable dish, then scatter the crushed potato on top
- Lower the oven temperature to 170c and bake for 5 – 10 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with your choice of seasonal vegetables.