5 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1kg baby leaf spinach, washed and dried with any stalks removed
500g cooked turkey meat, cut into thin strips
25g Essential Cuisine Dark Mexican Seasoning
10g Essential Cuisine Turkey Stock Mix
Salt and pepper
20 15cm flour tortillas
350g soft cream cheese
3 ripe avocadoes, peeled, de-stoned and diced
5 jalapeno chilli peppers, de-seeded and finely sliced
350g Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the corn oil in a frying pan, gently sweat the shallots and garlic until soft but with little colour, add the cooked turkey strips, Mexican Seasoning Mix and Turkey Stock Mix, cook quickly, then remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl.
- Sweat the spinach in hot oil until wilted, season with salt and pepper. Drain into a colander to remove the excess moisture. Combine with the shallot, garlic, turkey and Mexican Seasoning Mix.
- Lay out 10 tortillas on a work surface. Spread the cream cheese over the tortillas and cover with the turkey mix, then the avocado, leaving a clean edge.
- Sprinkle the chilli and the Monterey Jack cheese over the mix and place the remaining tortillas on top. Wet the edges and press together to seal.
- Pan fry the quesadillas one at a time in corn oil until golden on both sides and heated through, keep in a low oven while you finish cooking.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and fresh tomato salsa.