60g Essential Cuisine Beef Glace
1½kg Diced Flank of beef
1tbsp Dried mixed herbs
375g Peeled and chopped onion
375g Peeled and diced carrot
375g Peeled and diced king Edward potato
375g Diced leek
250ml Red wine
2litres Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea Salt season to your taste
- Preheat your water bath to 90°c.
- Mix the Essential Cuisine Beef Glace into the diced beef and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the dried herbs, onion, carrot, potato and leek and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the red wine by two thirds in a suitable pan, add to the Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace and stir well, season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put one third of the beef and vegetable mix at a time into a suitably sized vacuum packing bag.
- Pour in 700ml of the Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace and mix through the beef and vegetables. Seal in the vacuum packing machine. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Cook in the water bath for 4 hours or until the beef and vegetables are tender, remove from the bags and adjust the seasoning, your Braised Flank of Beef is now ready to serve, or blast chill in the bags and refrigerate for up to 18 days.