Use icons below to filter recipes by dietary requirements:
PREP TIME: 40 mins
COOKING TIME: 4 hrs
WARNING: Please ALWAYS check the allergens on the packaging of any other ingredients you use to make our recipes.
- 60g Essential Cuisine Beef Glace
- 1½kg Diced Flank of beef
- 1tbsp Dried mixed herbs
- 375g Peeled and chopped onion
- 375g Peeled and diced carrot
- 375g Peeled and diced king Edward potato
- 375g Diced leek
- 250ml Red wine
- 2litres Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace
- Good twist of freshly ground pepper
- Sea Salt season to your taste
- Preheat your water bath to 90°c.
- Mix the Essential Cuisine Beef Glace into the diced beef and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the dried herbs, onion, carrot, potato and leek and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the red wine by two thirds in a suitable pan, add to the Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace and stir well, season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put one third of the beef and vegetable mix at a time into a suitably sized vacuum packing bag.
- Pour in 700ml of the Essential Cuisine Beef Demi-Glace and mix through the beef and vegetables. Seal in the vacuum packing machine. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Cook in the water bath for 4 hours or until the beef and vegetables are tender, remove from the bags and adjust the seasoning, your Braised Flank of Beef is now ready to serve, or blast chill in the bags and refrigerate for up to 18 days.
Use it in these recipes...