2kg beef skirt, trimmed
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 leek, washed and chopped
1 stick of celery, chopped
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 litre Essential Cuisine Premium Instant Gravy
- Make up the Essential Cuisine Premium Instant Gravy, as per the pack instructions and keep warm.
- Seal the beef skirt in a pan of hot dripping. Remove and place in a deep casserole dish
- In the same pan, fry the vegetable mirepoix until starting to colour and soften, add the herbs.
- Put the vegetables and herbs on top of the beef and pour over the gravy.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 180C for about 2 ½ hours or until the beef is soft and pulls apart. Turn occasionally, adding more liquid if required.
- Remove the beef from the pan, strain and keep the gravy.
- Shred the beef with 2 forks, adding enough gravy to keep moist and give the desired consistency.
- Serve your Braised Pulled Beef with your choice of potatoes and fresh vegetables.