5g cardamon seeds
5g cumin seeds
5g juniper berries
10g Essential Cuisine South Indian Seasoning
10 150g duck breasts, skin side lightly scorn
1.25 litres Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction
200g instant polenta
200ml double cream
125g gruyere cheese, grated
75g butter, diced
75g Essential Cuisine Premier Red Wine Jus
500ml tepid water
1. In a small dry frying pan, toast the cardamon, cumin and juniper over a medium heat, shaking occasionally, until fragrant. Transfer to a pestle and mortar and let cool. Grind to a powder and add the South Indian Seasoning, stir to mix.
2. Season the duck breast and rub in the spice mix. In a large frying pan, cook the duck breast skin side down over a medium low heat until the fat has rendered and the skin is browned, around 15-20 minutes. Turn the duck over and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the duck from the pan and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, add the tepid water, add the Red Wine Jus, and bring to a simmer cooking until the jus has thickened. Keep warm until needed.
4. In a large saucepan, bring the Chicken Stock to the boil. Gradually stir in the polenta and return to the boil. Cook over a medium low heat, stirring often, until thickened, around 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, butter and cheese. Season to taste.
5. Slice the duck crosswise in ¼ inch slices. Spoon the polenta into the serving bowls, top with the sliced duck and spoon over the sauce.