1kg king prawns
60ml olive oil
60g Street Food Chef American BBQ Style Seasoning
10 garlic cloves – crushed
250g smoked streaky bacon - cut into lardons
1 bunch spring onions - finely sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 litres water
64g Essential Cuisine Light Vegetable Stock Powder
2 sprigs of thyme
200g cheddar cheese
1. Place the water, Essential Cuisine Light Vegetable Stock Powder, thyme, polenta and 1/4 tsp salt in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer on a very low heat for 1 hour.
2. Place the prawns, olive oil and Street Food Chef American BBQ Style Seasoning in a large bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until it starts to crisp and the fat has been rendered. Remove the bacon and set aside.
4. Add 45g of butter to the frying pan and fry the prawns, turning once cooked on one side, add the spring onion and lemon juice.
5. In the last 15 minutes of the polenta cooking whisk continuously so it doesn’t catch, then add the cheeses and the rest of the butter, until the polenta becomes shiny and smooth.
6. Divide the polenta between 10 bowls, top with the prawns and serve.