30 dumpling wrappers
Ginger Vinegar Sauce
50ml Chinese black vinegar
15ml light soy sauce
15g fresh ginger, julienned
Pork soup jelly
120g pork rind
50g ginger, sliced
10g spring onion, white part only
20ml Shaoxing rice wine
20g ginger, finely grated
5g spring onion, finely chopped
120ml boiled water
450g mince pork
20ml oyster sauce
40ml light soy sauce
20ml sesame oil
1. In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients for the ginger vinegar sauce. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. For the pork jelly – fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the pork rind and cook for 5 minutes until slightly translucent. Remove the pork rind and rinse the pan with cold water to remove any impurities.
3. Cut the pork into small strips and place in a pressure cooker along with the ginger, spring onion, Shaoxing wine and Essential Cuisine Signature Reduced Chicken Stock. Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Let the soup cool down slightly, then blitz in a blender until smooth. Strain into a airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
4. For the filling – soak the ginger and spring onion in the just boiled water for 15 minutes. Place the pork in a large bowl and mix in one direction while slowly pouring in the ginger mixture until well combined. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients, cover and rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Remove the pork jelly from the fridge and mince with a knife. Mix into the filling.
5. Place 15g of the filling into the center of the dumpling wrapper and shape into a soup dumpling. Repeat with the remaining filling.
6. Line a bamboo steamer with a piece of parchment paper cut to size. Place 6 dumplings in the steamer as not to over crowd. Place about an inch of water in the bottom of a wok, once boiling add the steamer and cook in batches for 5 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with the ginger vinegar sauce.