350g natural yoghurt or vegan alternative
1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and grated
1 small bunch dill, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
30g mayonnaise or vegannaise
1kg tinned chickpeas, drained
2 onions, chopped
1 bunch parsley
4 cloves garlic, chopped
60g Essential Cuisine Chermoula Seasoning
10g lemon juice
10g baking powder
30g olive oil
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt, cucumber, dill, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor blitz the onion, parsley and garlic until smooth. In a large bowl mash, the chickpeas, then add the onion mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, Essential Cuisine Chermoula Seasoning, salt, lemon juice and baking powder. Stir into the chickpea mixture along with the olive oil. Slowly add the breadcrumbs until mixture is not sticky but holds together, add breadcrumbs as needed. Form 20 balls and then flatten slightly.
- Deep fry the falafel until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato salad and yoghurt sauce.