16g Essential Cuisine Chicken or Vegetable Stock Mix
2g fresh thyme
2g fresh parsley
400g Smoked Finnan haddock, skin on
For the curry sauce:
25ml clarified butter
100g chopped onion, peeled and finely chopped
5g garlic clove, peeled and crushed
50g carrot, peeled and chopped
50g celery, finely chopped
100g chopped apple, cored and finely chopped
30g Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning
50g tomato, deseeded and chopped
100ml double cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the rice:
20ml olive oil
50g chopped onion, peeled and finely chopped
200g basmati rice
3g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
8-12 medium quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- Bring the stock mix and water to the simmer in a suitable shallow pan with the thyme and parsley, place in the fish and barely simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove fish, cool, debone and flake, then strain the stock.
- In a suitable saucepan, heat the oil on a medium heat. Gently fry the onion and garlic until softened but without colour. Add the vegetables, apple and seasoning. Gently fry for 5 minutes. Add the tomato and 500ml of the reserved stock, bring to the boil and reduce by half.
- Stir in the double cream and season to your taste. Cook until starting to thicken then liquidize and pass through a sieve, keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a separate saucepan, gently fry the onion for a few minutes, stir in the rice and sweat gently. Add the remaining stock, cover and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed. Loosen with a fork.
- Add the flaked haddock and parsley, serve on warm plates with the curry sauce poured over garnished with the eggs.