1750ml tepid water
320g Essential Cuisine Lobster Sauce
240ml double cream
Sea salt, season to taste
Freshly ground pepper
50g unsalted butter
200g lobster meat, prawns or crayfish, cooked and diced
2g cayenne pepper
10ml lemon juice
5g fine herbs (chives,dill,tarragon,chervil), finely chopped
- Pour the water into a suitably sized saucepan, stir in the Essential Cuisine Lobster Sauce.
- Bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Stir in the cream and return to the simmer. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, warm a small frying pan on a medium heat, add the butter and heat till foaming.
- Stir in the shellfish and heat through, deglace with the Cognac and flame, season with the cayenne and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the herbs.
- Ladel the bisque into warmed soup bowls, spoon the shellfish garnish on top.
- Your Essential Cuisine Lobster Bisque in now ready to serve with slices of warm French baguette and butter