30ml olive oil
5 or 1.5kg ox cheeks, trimmed
1 litre Essential Cuisine Signature Beef Jus
Red cabbage puree
450g red cabbage, thinly sliced
90ml red wine
50ml cider vinegar
25g Dijon mustard
5g Nutrisis Thickener
750g hispi cabbage, cut into wedges
15ml olive oil
150g Irish blue cheese
1kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
100ml double cream
200g Cavolo Nero, storks removed and sliced
1. Preheat an oven to 140c
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Heat the ox cheeks, searing until browned on all sides. Remove the cheeks and place in a large casserole with a lid.
3.Pour over the Guinness, Essential Cuisine Signature Beef Jus and sugar. Cover and place in the oven for 3 ½ hours or until the cheeks are very tender. Once cooked remove the cheeks and reduce the sauce to a glaze, ready for serving.
1. Take the red cabbage and wine, placing in a sous vide bag. Seal and place in a water bath at 95c for 1 ½ hours.
2. When cooked pour into a food processor, add the vinegar, mustard and Nutrisis Thickener. Blitz until smooth and thickened.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the cabbage wedges and charr on both the cut sides. When charred add a splash of water, cover and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the cover and top with the blue cheese to serve.
1.Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook until tender. Once tender drain and mash.
2. Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cavolo Nero for a couple of minutes before adding the potato, cream and the rest of the butter. Mix well. Now plate up and serve.