- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the squash, carefully cut it in half lengthways, then remove and reserve the seeds. Use a spoon to score and scoop some flesh out, making a gully for the stuffing all along the length of the squash.
- Finely chop the scooped-out flesh with the seeds and put into a frying pan on a medium heat with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Peel, finely chop and add the onion and garlic, stirring regularly while you pick the sage leaves and finely chop them with the sun-dried tomatoes and chestnuts.
- Stir into the pan with the rice, cranberries and Essential Cuisine Spicy Persian Seasoning, add a good pinch of sea salt and black peppered, the water, Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Mix and red wine, and mix well. Fry for 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Pack the mixture tightly into the gully in the two squash halves, then press the halves firmly back together. Rub the skin of the squash with a little oil, salt and pepper, and if you’ve got them, pat on any extra herb leaves you must hand.
- Place the squash in the centre of a double layer of tin foil, then tightly wrap it up. Bake for around 2 hours, or until soft and cooked through.
- Once ready, take the squash to the table and open the foil in front of everyone, then carve into nice thick slices and serve with all the usual trimmings.