20g butter 2tbsp olive oil
250g peeled and sliced onions
5 crushed garlic cloves
800g mixed wild mushrooms
400ml dry white wine
25g Essential Cuisine Mushroom Stock Mix
25g Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Mix
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt seasoned to your taste
2tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
125ml Double cream
1. Melt the butter and oil in a thick bottomed saucepan, add the onions and garlic, fry gently for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften but with not too much colour
2. Stir in the mushrooms, continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Pour in the wine and stir in the Essential Cuisine Mushroom Stock Mix and Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Mix, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the ingredients are tender
4. Liquidise the soup with a hand blender or food processor until velvety smooth. Pass through a sieve into a clean pan
5. Bring back to the boil, season
to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, stir in the parsley and double cream.
6. Your Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup is now ready to serve with your choice of warm gluten free crusty bread.
For an extra luxurious taste, stir in a spoonful of Essential Cuisine Wild Mushroom Glace to finish the dish.