1 tbsp of olive oil
2 leeks, halved, washed, sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped
800g sweet potato, peeled, cubed
600g carrots, chopped
1 litre of Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock
1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/3 cup light thickened cream
crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add cumin, cinnamon and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
4. Add potato and carrot. Stir to coat in leek mixture. Add stock, cover and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove pan from heat.
6. Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat until warmed through.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in coriander. Spoon into bowls and drizzle with cream. Serve with crusty bread.