1.5kg sirloin steak, cut into cubes
15g ginger, grated
10g garlic, grated
300g onion, peeled and cut into wedges
24 dried apricots
10 metal skewers
300g onion, peeled and finely chopped
100ml red wine
100ml red wine vinegar
15g Dijon mustard
15ml soy sauce
30ml Worcestershire sauce
60ml olive oil
75g Essential Cuisine Peanut Free Satay Style Seasoning
5g cayenne pepper
3 bay leaves
- In a large bowl mix the steak, ginger, garlic, onion and apricots. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a wide large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, cook until soft. Add the wine, water vinegar, Essential Cuisine Peanut Free Satay Style Seasoning, cayenne, bay leaves and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour over the meat, cover and place in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Preheat a BBQ until hot.
- Thread the meat, onion and apricot on each skewer.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with bread, rice, salad and sauce of your choice.