250g cooking apple, peeled, cored and roughly diced
250ml apple juice
10g unsalted butter
10g garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
100g shallot, peeled and finely chopped
100ml dry cider
5g fresh sage, finely chopped
1ltr Essential Cuisine No 1 Chicken Gravy
20g Essential Cuisine Pork Glace
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste
100ml double cream (optional)
1. Simmer the apple in the apple juice until tender, drain and blend in a food processor until smooth. Reserve the apple juice for the gravy.
2. Heat the butter in a thick bottomed pan, add the garlic and shallots, cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft, but with not too much colour.
3. Stir in the cider and apple juice and reduce by two thirds on a high heat.
4. Add the Essential Cuisine No1 Chicken Gravy and bring to the boil, stir in the sage and apple puree, you can add the cream at this stage if required.
5. Whisk in the Essential Cuisine Pork Glace and reduce to a coating consistency.
6.Season to your taste with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.