625g chickpea (gram) flour
zest 1 orange
10 pears, cored and sliced lengthways about 5mm thick
500ml whole milk
85g Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Powder
60g good cooking chocolate, chopped
Cocoa powder to garnish
- Whisk the gram flour with the water to make a smooth batter. Add the orange zest. Leave to stand at room temp for 10 minutes.
- For the roasted pears, brush baking parchment in a baking tray with coconut oil. Arrange the pears on top in a single layer. Brush the pears with more melted coconut oil. Sprinkle with the cinnamon. Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway, until soft and starting to turn golden.
- Whisk the Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix with the whole milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk in until smooth. Pour into an espuma gun and double charge.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil. Ladle the batter on to the frying pan, swirling to cover the pan and make as thin as possible. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further 1 minute until golden brown. You should be able to make 20 pancakes.
- Place a 3-4 of slices of roast pear on one half of each of the pancakes. Squirt the hot chocolate mousse on top, then fold over. Dust with cocoa powder to serve.