- Preheat a fryer to 190°c.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft, add the Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Take the filo sheets one at a time. Divide the onion mixture and place a heaped tablespoon of onion mixture at one end. Fold 1 corner of the pastry over the filling to form a triangle, then continue folding in alternate directions along the strip. Bush the loose corner with the egg and place under a damp cloth until needed.
- Fry the samosas in 2 batches for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with chutney of your choosing.