2 packs all butter puff pastry
1 punnet strawberries
100g caster sugar
100g toasted flaked almonds
Dark Chocolate Sauce
200g 70% dark chocolate
50g double cream
30g caster sugar
30g salted butter
500g whole milk
85g Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix
250g double cream
1. Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sugar and mix to evenly coat. Cover with cling film and place over a pan of simmering water. Poach the strawberries until they have softened, and a syrup is formed.
2. Dark Chocolate Sauce – Place all the ingredients in a pan and heat gently until melted together. Cool and set aside.
3. Crème Patisserie – Bring half of the milk and cream to a simmer. Mix the EC Créme Anglaise Mix and cornflour with the remaining milk (make sure there are no lumps). Whisk into the hot liquid and continue stirring. Cook out until fully thickened 3-5 minutes. Cover with cling film on the surface to prevent skinning and cool.
4. Take the puff pastry from the packet and lay out. Using a large plate cut around into a circle. Place this onto a greaseproof lined baking tray.
5. Spread the crème patisserie onto the puff pastry leaving a border around the edge to rise for the crust. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes checking the pastry is fully cooked, golden and risen.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Cover with the strawberries and chocolate sauce. Cut into slices and serve.