25ml cooking oil
200g peeled and finely sliced banana shallots
10g peeled and crushed garlic cloves
50g peeled and finely shredded ginger root
1 finely sliced red chilli with no seeds
500g sliced red pepper
500g washed small button mushrooms
40g Essential Cuisine Turkey Stock Mix
500ml coconut milk
200ml double cream
30g red Thai curry paste (or to taste)
75ml Thai fish sauce
5 Kaffir lime leaves
5 lightly crushed lemon grass sticks (will be removed)
1kg cooked turkey meat, cut into long strips
Fresh lime juice
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste
10g chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized saucepan, gently fry the shallots and garlic until soft but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the ginger, chilli, red peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook.
- Add the Essential Cuisine Turkey Stock Mix, coconut milk and cream, bring to the boil.
- Stir in the Thai curry paste, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemon grass.
Simmer for 5 minutes then add the turkey meat, stirring well.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the turkey is fully heated through.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass stalks, add the lime juice, add hot water to adjust the consistency if required.
- Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Your Thai Spiced Turkey and Coconut Broth is now ready to serve.