5 large aubergines, cut lengthways
5tbsps olive oil
5tbsps sesame seeds
8tbsps pomegranate molasses
1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1 bunch of mint, roughly chopped Salt and pepper for seasoning
8tbsps toasted sesame oil
Juice of 2 lemons
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add the aubergine wedges and coat well.
2. Put the aubergines and remaining dressing in an oven tray, drizzle over the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and sticky.
3. Whilst the aubergines are cooking toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
4. When the aubergines are cooked serve them, drizzle over the pomegranate molasses, chopped herbs and sesame seeds.
5. Your Essential Caramelised Miso Aubergine is complete.
Why not serve our Caramelised Miso Aubergine as a side to a Thai Curry?