140g plain flour
1 egg yolk
10g melted butter
15g caster sugar
300ml whole milk
800g forced rhubarb
20g granulated sugar
170g Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix
600ml whole milk
400ml double cream
- Peel the rhubarb and cut into 20 sticks. Place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the granulated sugar and pour over about 120ml water. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes 170C until soft but holding its shape. Pat dry and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, egg, egg yolk, butter, caster sugar and the 300ml milk until a smooth and runny batter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix with the 600ml milk and the double cream. Bring to the boil, whisking continuously and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour into a heat proof container and leave to cool.
- In a large frying pan, melt a little butter and ladle the batter onto it. Swirl the pan around to get it as thin as possible. Cook for 1-2 minutes then flip over and cook until golden brown. Keep warm while you cook all the crepes.
- Fill each crepe with a little of the custard and top with 2 sticks of rhubarb. Roll into cigar shapes and dust with icing sugar