3kg chicken wings, tips removed, drums
and flat separated
25g celery salt
10g white pepper
125g rice flour
Oli for frying
12 rashers streaky bacon
100ml maple syrup
50g spring onions, finely sliced
250ml maple syrup
1. Preheat an oven and a fryer to 180°c
2. In a large bowl combine the wings with the dry spices and buttermilk. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours. Drain off excess marinade and toss through the flours. Keep chilled until ready to fry.
3. In a large frying pan toast the pecans until slightly golden, then add the 250ml maple syrup. Ensuring that all the nuts are covered. Cook until the syrup has evaporated.
4. Pour the nuts onto a baking tray covered in parchment and allow to cool, then roughly chop and set aside.
5. Lay the bacon on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, brush with maple syrup and place back in the oven for 10 minutes until glazed.
6. Place the wings into a fryer basket in small batches. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until core temp of 75°c is reached.
7. Arrange the wings on a serving dish and drizzle with any remaining syrup. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over with the pecans and spring onions.