28g cloves garlic
50g Essential Cuisine Zesty Chermoula Seasoning
½ a bunch or 15g of fresh thyme
45ml olive oil
1 lemon – zest & juice
1 large or 1kg cauliflower with outer leaves
4 tablespoons dry sherry
400 g tin of quality plum tomatoes
40 g flaked almonds
½ a bunch or 15g of fresh flat-leaf parsley
Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Peel the garlic, then add to a pestle and mortar with the essential cuisine chermoula seasoning and half the thyme leaves. Bash well to a rough paste, then muddle in the olive oil and season.
- Zest the lemon into a separate bowl and set aside.
Trim the outer cauliflower leaves. Trim away and discard the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flat, then cut a cross into the base.
- Rub the Essential Cuisine Zesty Chermoula Seasoning all over the cauliflower, then place in a medium casserole pan. Drizzle over the sherry and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Cover and pop in the hot oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender, removing the lid for the final 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then pour in the tomatoes, tearing or slicing them up into chunks. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and pick over the remaining thyme leaves.
- Return the pan to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium-low heat until golden, then leave to cool.
- Once ready, take the pan out of the oven. Scrunch over the toasted almonds and scatter the parsley leaves on top.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve