30 vegan sausages
200g onion finely chopped
30g garlic crushed
6g smoked paprika
30g tomato puree
2 litres Essential Cuisine Chicken Flavoured Vegan Stock made as per pack instructions (16g per litre)
200g pearl barley
3 bay leaves
400g carrots peeled and chopped
400g butternut squash peeled, deseeded and diced
300g potato, peeled and diced
800g tinned chopped tomatoes
800g cooked green lentils
- Cook the vegan sausages as per instructions. Cut into large chunks and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat some oil and add the onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and tomato puree and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the Essential Cuisine Chicken Flavoured Vegan Stock and the pearl barley. simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, carrots, butternut squash, potatoes, tinned tomatoes and bay leaves and simmer for a further 20 minutes, or until the barley and the vegetables are soft.
- Add the lentils and simmer again for 10 minutes. Add a little more stock if needed, but the stew shouldn’t be too watery.
- Season the stew with plenty of salt and pepper, stir through the sliced sausages and serve with crusty bread and vegan margarine.