- Preheat oven to 190˚c.
- Heat the butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Gently fry the onion, leek and mushrooms until softened but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the gravy, turkey stock mix and cream.Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes, then stir in the parsley, leave to cool.
- Place the diced turkey and ham into a large, deep pie dish, pour over the cooled sauce and season to your taste with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Mix together thoroughly and allow to cool.
For the Shortcrust Pastry:
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.vAdd the butter and lard, then rub together with your fingertips until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add enough water to carefully work the crumbs together to form a ball.
- Wrap the ball tightly in cling-film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Remove pastry from the fridge remove the cling-film, place on a floured work surface and kneed with your hands for 1 minute or so, until the pastry is smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick. Wet the edges of the pie dish and then cover with pastry. Scallop the edges with a sharp knife and decorate the top with leaves, using the pastry trimmings.
- Glaze the pastry with beaten egg and bake at 220ᵒc for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180ᵒc for a further 30 minutes.
- Your Turkey, Ham, Leek and Mushroom Pie is now ready to serve, why not with your choice of seasonal vegetables and hot buttered new potatoes.