Use icons below to filter recipes by dietary requirements:
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOKING TIME: 5 mins
WARNING: Please ALWAYS check the allergens on the packaging of any other ingredients you use to make our recipes.
- 20 - 30 sausages (size depending)
- 568g plain flour
- 11 - 12 medium eggs
- 568ml milk
- 1tbsp English mustard
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 10ml red wine vinegar
- 1 litre Essential Cuisine No1 Beef Gravy
- Cook the sausages in two deep trays in the over until cooked through. When cooked, remove them from the oven but do not strain any of the oil or fat.
- Whilst the sausages are in the oven, blend
the flour, eggs, milk, mustard and oil (from thesausages) together. Season, strain and set aside.
- Now cook the onions slowly in a pan with rosemary and thyme. Once the onions are soft, add the vinegar. Reduce until all the liquid has gone.
- Remove the rosemary and thyme stalks. Add theEssential Cuisine No1 Beef Gravy and set to one side.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 200°C, wait for 2 minutes then pour the batter evenly between the two trays over the sausages.
- After 15 minutes, turn the temperature down to 180°C and continue to cook until the batter has risen and the top is brown and crispy.
- Serve with lashings of Essential Cuisine No1 Beef Gravy and onions, as well
as seasonal British vegetables.
- To create a vegetarian version, use vegetarian sausages and the Essential Cuisine No1 Savoury Gravy.
Use it in these recipes...