2kg beef brisket
2kg beef dripping
1 garlic bulb
20 corn tortillas
15g fresh coriander – chopped
150g onion – finely diced
2 limes – cut into wedges
30g dried guajillo chilli
21g garlic - peeled
100g tomatoes - halved
150g onion - chopped
250ml hot water
50ml cider vinegar
0.5g cumin powder
1. Preheat an oven to 250°c.
2. Rub the Street Food Chef Dark Mexican Seasoning onto the brisket and leave covered for 3 hours.
3. While the brisket is curing prepare the salsa. Place a frying pan on a high heat and toast the chillies until they start to smoke, then place in a bowl and cover with the
hot water. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
4. Place the tomatoes, garlic & onion on a baking tray. Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until blackened. Place the tomatoes, garlic, onion, soaked chillies with water, vinegar, salt and cumin. Blitz until chunky, taste & adjust the seasoning if needed. Decrease the oven temperature to 150°c.
5. Brush off any excess seasoning off the brisket and cut into chunks. Place a few tablespoons of the beef fat in an oven dish and heat up until melted. Add the beef in batches until browned and crisp, then transfer to a bowl.
6. Add the rest of the beef fat. Add the garlic and brisket. Cover & cook in the oven for around 4 hours. Then remove the beef out the fat and discard the garlic. Chop the meat up roughly and place in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook until crisp, around 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a dish to keep warm.
7. In the same pan warm up the corn tortillas until soft.
8. Serve the tacos with some salsa, onion and coriander and a squeeze of lime.