800g cod loin – cut into strips
90g sour cream
300g white cabbage, very finely sliced
20 corn tortillas
450g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
15g baking powder
Salt to taste
16g Dijon mustard
750ml Mexican lager
300g red onions – finely sliced
50g cider vinegar
50g lime juice
50g caster sugar
1. Preheat a fryer to 180°c
2. Place the vinegar, lime juice and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Keep on the heat until the sugar has dissolved. Then pour over the onions and place to one side.
3. Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together and place in a squeezy bottle and set aside.
4. In a large bowl place, all the batter ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
5. Roll the fish in the extra flour, shake off any excess. Place in the batter, then into the fryer. Cooking until golden & the core temp reaches 70°c.
6. Warm up the corn tortillas, place a little cabbage in each. Then the battered fish, mayo and finally top with the onions.