750g mashed potato
500g chorizo, peeled and diced
100g onion, diced
Seasoning to taste
20 corn tortillas
Oil based salsa
250ml vegetable oil
30g red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
100g onion, chopped
1. Preheat an oven to 150ºc.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo, onion and garlic.
3. Fry for around 5 minutes, then add the mash and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. In a saucepan add all the salsa ingredients, cook for 30 minutes over a low heat. Let cool and pour into a food processor, blitz until smooth.
5. Warm the tortillas, divide the mixture between them. Fold in half.
6. Place the tacos in an oven proof dish, in rows, top each layer with butchers’ paper. Once all the tacos are layered add the salsa and let rest for 1 hour.
7. When ready to serve place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with salsa of choice.