5 peeled and finely chopped shallots
2 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
1.5kg washed and dried baby leaf spinach, stalks removed
50g Essential Cuisine Dark Mexican Style Seasoning
Salt and pepper
20 flour tortillas
450g soft goats cheese
3 ripe avocado, peeled de-seeded and finely sliced
450g Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the corn oil in a frying pan, gently sweat the shallots and garlic until soft but with little colour, stir in the Essential Cuisine Dark Mexican Style Seasoning and cook quickly, remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl.
- Sweat the spinach in hot oil until wilted, season with salt and pepper. Drain into a colander to remove the excess moisture. Leave to cool, then combine with the shallot, garlic and Mexican Seasoning mix.
- Lay out 10 tortillas on a work surface. Spread the goats cheese over the tortillas and cover with the spinach and avocado, leaving a clean edge.
- Sprinkle the chilli then the Monterey Jack cheese over the spinach and place the remaining tortillas on top. Wet the edges and press together to seal.
- Pan fry the quesadillas one at a time in corn oil until golden on both sides and heated through, keep in a low oven while you finish cooking.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and fresh tomato salsa.