4 whole chillies, medium heat
1 large whole white onion
4 garlic cloves
5 cardamom pods, crushed
250g smoked haddock fillet, de-skinned & boned
250g salmon fillet, de-skinned & boned
250g cod fillet, de-skinned & boned
2ltrs coconut milk
400g spinach, optional 20ml extra virgin olive oil
1. In a deep pan, pour in oil and bring to heat. Sweat off the chillies, onion, garlic and crushed cardamom pods.
2. Once above is soft, combine in a food blender or pestle and mortar along with the Essential Cuisine Fish Stock Mix, Street Food Chef South Indian Style Seasoning and 30ml of coconut milk into a paste.
3. Return paste to the deep pan and cook out for around 5 minutes stirring to make sure it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
4. Add passata and bring to a gentle simmer before adding the rest of the coconut milk.
5. Bring to boil and reduce on gentle simmer.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Finish with freshly chopped coriander and serve with coriander rice.