1 whole smoked chicken
2 cloves garlic rosemary
200g smoked pancetta
2 litres Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction
1.5 litre water
1 spoon tomato puree
8 egg whites
1. Chop and roast the smoked chicken. This will give it a deeper taste.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, sweat off the chopped vegetables, herbs and pancetta.
3. Add the tomato puree and roasted chicken.
4. Pour over the Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction and water. Simmer gently for about 2 hours.
5. Strain and cool.
6. Whisk egg white until soft peak is formed and whisk into stock.
7. Bring to boil as quickly as possible, then move to a low simmer for 20 mins.
8. Strain all through muslin and chill until needed.
9. Alternatively freeze the stock after step 5 in a round bottomed mixing bowl.
10. When completely frozen, remove from the bowl and wrap tightly in muslin and hang in the fridge over a bowl overnight. As it defrosts it will drip through the muslin clarifying itself. This will give greater yield but will take longer.
Best using a whole smoked chicken, but smoking your own breast works as well.
To check the clarification after staining, boil a ladleful in a pan.
If it boils and remains clear, its ready. If it has specks of egg white in, repeat steps 6-8 using 2 egg whites only.