650g trimmed brisket, cut into 3cm pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 brown onions, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
400g cup mushrooms, halved
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
400ml Essential Cuisine Beef Stock
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
Mashed potatoes or steamed rice, to serve
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Season beef. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef in 2 batches, for 3 minutes each or until browned. Transfer to a 3L slow cooker.
2. Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to cooker with paprika.
4. Combine the Essential Cuisine Beef Stock, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce in a jug until smooth. Pour over beef. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream and season.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Sprinkle with chives.