1.2kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into large dice
4 red onions, cut into wedges
500g prepped kale
8tbsp olive oil
1 lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
400g puy lentils
400g feta cheese
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
1. In a large pot add the water and Essential Cuisine Light Vegetable Stock Mix, bring to the boil and add the puy lentils, cooking for 30 minutes until tender. When cooked put to one side.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Toss the sweet potato and red onion in 3 tbsps of oil and spread in a roasting tray. Season and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Mix in a bowl the remaining 5 tbsps of oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, red chilli and Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base. Season and set aside.
4. After 20 minutes turn the oven down to 180°C and add the kale, tossing before returning to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Now add the cooked lentils, feta and the dressing, cooking for another 5 minutes.
5. Your Essential Roasted Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad is now ready to serve.
Make the most of in-season ingredients by changing up the vegetables! Or even try a different protein, grilled fish or chicken would be delicious!