2 heads of garlic
30ml olive oil, plus a little extra
50ml light soy sauce
150g caster sugar
20 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 sheets of nori, cut into strips
Salt and pepper
100g caster sugar
1. Preheat an oven to 170°c
2. Cut the top off the heads of garlic, drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake slowly for 45 minutes, until it starts to go golden.
3. Combine the Essential Cuisine Miso Base, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and half of the roasted garlic in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved and everything comes together.
4. For the walnuts. Heat the sugar with a small splash of water in a large frying pan, allow to caramelise. Once the sugar starts to turn add the walnuts and coat in the sugar. Pour onto a baking tray and allow to cool.
5. Preheat a griddle pan to a medium high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken thighs and sprinkle a little salt. Add to the pan and colour on one side. Turn the thighs over and brush with the miso glaze. Reduce the heat of the pan so the glaze doesn’t burn.
6. Repeat the turning and brushing until the thighs are cooked and sticky, around 15 minutes.
7. Serve sprinkle with the caramelised walnuts.