1.25kg carrots (large)
40g Essential Cuisine Chermoula Seasoning
45ml vegetable oil
10 250g bone in pork chops
25g garlic, skin on and crushed
5 sprigs of thyme
500g savoy cabbage, finely sliced
50g butter emulsion
Small rocket leaves for garnish
1. Preheat an oven to 220 degrees. Spread the sea salt in a small roasting tray. Nestle the carrots in the salt and roast, turning them occasionally, until tender, around 1 hour. Let the carrots cool slightly, then thinly slice. Leave the oven on.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, Chermoula Seasoning with 75g butter and the water. Cover with parchment paper and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until very tender. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth. Check seasoning.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the chops and cook over a medium high heat until browned on both sides, around 3 minutes. Place the pan into the oven and roast the chops for 5 minutes.
4. Place the pan back on stove over a medium heat. Add the remaining butter, the garlic and thyme. Cook until the butter is foamy. Then baste the chops with the garlic butter for 3 minutes until the butter smells nutty. Remove chops and place on a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Place the cabbage in a medium saucepan with the butter emulsion and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Place the carrot puree on the center of each plate, top with the chops, drizzle over some of the garlic butter and garnish with the small rocket leaves.
7. Serve with crisp kale or seasonal greens.