700g shoulder of pork, diced
20ml vegetable oil
50g Essential Cuisine Master Stock Base
100 shallot, finely chopped
10g garlic cloves, finely chopped
20g red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
10g fresh ginger, finely chopped
500ml hot water
150ml double cream
150ml coconut cream
Good twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt season to your taste
Shredded Asian greens, blanched, refreshed and drained well
10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix the pork with the vegetable oil and Essential Cuisine Master Stock Base, allow to marinade for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 180˚c.
- Heat a thick bottomed saucepan with a lid, gently fry the marinated pork until golden brown on all sides. Stir in the shallot, garlic and ginger until softened but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the additional Essential Cuisine Master Stock Base and water. Bring to the simmer, cover with the lid and place in the oven for 1-1½ hours or until the pork becomes tender.
- Place back on the hob, stir in the cream and coconut, bring to the simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Season to your taste with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Stir in the Asian greens and coriander, serve your Essential Cuisine Pork and Asian Master Stock Curry with braised basmati rice or noodles.